[tei-council] dating attributes

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Oct 8 19:05:36 EDT 2006

So, is the collective wisdom of a mind that all members of att.datable
get the following attributes:

@notBefore
@notAfter
@startingExactly  (was "@from")
@endingExactly   (was "@to")
@onDate  (was variously @value, @date, @norm)

[all of these being of datatype data.temporal.w3c]

@notBeforeReg
@notAfterReg
@startingExactlyReg
@endingExactlyReg
@onDateReg

[all of which are of datatype data.temporal]

Looks a tad excessive to me...

The trouble is that just having a global change for data.temporal really
doesn't cut it -- you don't want to use French revolutionary dates in
your <change> elements, even if you want them in your text.