[tei-council] exemplars, and Roma

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Oct 8 09:54:42 EDT 2006

> ... Roma would load these exemplars on the spot from the current
> release of the TEI.

I like the general idea, but we (or at least I) need to put a little
thought into where we want exemplars and where we want templates
before committing to it.

That is, can the same ODD file serve both as a best-practice example
of how to do some kind of customization, and as a template which a
user would fill in? Aren't there places where we'd want to say "FILL
IN PROPER VALUE HERE" in the latter, but we'd actually want a proper
value in the former?