[tei-council] date-stamping <desc>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 8 07:17:44 EDT 2006

As some of you know, we have finally got some money
to spend on translating TEI descriptions.
I need to decide finally how to handle the new
descriptions of elements etc.

Until proved otherwise,
the multiple translated <desc>s are merged into the TEI
source with an appropriate xml:lang attribute,
and the appropriate one selected at run time.

I'd like to add an attribute like "lastUpdated" to
every <desc> and <gloss>, so that we can get a handle
on when translations become suspect
because the English has changed. Who would
support me on this?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk