[tei-council] classy part
Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Oct 7 11:24:19 EDT 2006
The part= attribute is defined almost identically in four places:
* att.divLike (<div>, <divN>, <lg>)
* att.segLike (<c>, <cl>, <m>, <phr>, <s>, <seg>, <w>)
The only differences are in the wording of the definition. E.g., says
"... how the [ block | line | division | segment ] is to be ...".
* create new class, att.partial, which declares part=
* add all four above to new att.partial
* drop part= from all four, as they now have it via inheritance
* make att.seLike a member of att.typed 
* drop type= from att.segLike, as it now has it via inheritance
* make <div> a member of att.typed
* drop type= from <div>, as it now has it via inheritance
Someone would need to come up with good generic or exhaustive wording
for the <desc> of part= and its values.
 This adds subtype= to <c>, <cl>, <m>, <phr>, <s>, and <w>. If I
understand correctly in P4 these elements did not have subtype=
because they were considered analogous to <seg type="phr">, e.g.
So <seg> had the subtype=, but not the others.
More information about the tei-council