[tei-council] limited version of model.phrase: who benefits?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Sep 26 22:35:14 EDT 2006

I was charged last call with ascertaining which elements in the TEI
scheme would potentially benefit from having what we had been calling
"model.phrase.header" or some such. (Not a good name, it turns out.)
I.e., what elements are there that only occur in contexts where
things like, e.g., "<pb/>" and "<unclear>" are not needed?

I went through all 200+ elements that have phrase-level stuff in
their content models, and assigned each to either "No", we could not
use a limited version of phrase in that content model, or "YES", we
might be able to. The results are at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/limited_phrase.xml?style=printable

I am not claiming that these results are definitive, BTW. This was
just a first crack at the task. However, I wil say that for many,
many elements the answer is pretty obvious.