[tei-council] use of Schematron in TEI: yes or no?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 12:59:08 EDT 2006

Christian Wittern wrote:
> I would like to see a bit more discussion before we go to a default
> rule like this. Could you please give us an example of a use case
> where we can see how you want to implement this?
There's one already in <moduleRef>, for what its worth.

I didnt realize this was an issue, I thought we agreed
to allow it ages ago.
> That is, where is
> the rule, how do I get my document instance checked with this rule?

You get yourself a schematron implementation :-}
Actually, see p5nrl.xml in the P5 source to see how
NRL handles it.

I am bit worried vis-a-vis conformance. If we
say that one type of conformance is "valid
against the schema", do we mean "valid
against the conventional schema AND the
schematron schema"? That is to say,
is the Schematron to be normative