[tei-council] DRAFT Agenda for the TEI Council teleconference on September 27th, 2006 1200 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 22 05:36:53 EDT 2006

Council members,

here is the draft for the agenda.  Please review and act on open
issues.
All the best,  Christian

DRAFT Agenda for the TEI Council teleconference on September 27th, 2006 1200 UTC

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, James Cummings, Matthew
Driscoll, Amit Kumar, Dot Porter, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent Romary,
Susan Schreibman, Conal Tuohy, John Walsh, Christian Wittern, Matthew
Zimmerman

How to connect:

@@

1) Minutes from last meeting:
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Council/tcm25.xml?style=printable
Please look at the action items and report progress here before the
meeting!

2) Workgroup progress:

A) PB

Can we have some words from Dot & Matthew re PBIBL progress.  I feel
that the ball is in our court, so I don't want to ask Murray for yet
another report.

[Although Lou claims to have it moved to the PB webspace on the TEI
server, I can't verify it at the moment, Virginia is down and Oxford
throws a Cocoon error, so here is the last document from Murray on his
space:] http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mmcgilli/PB/PBdraft%2014%20July.htm

B)  PERS
  There have been substantial comments since the work was released and
  we need to think about how to proceed.

[This link is to the message to TEI-L posted by Lou on 2006-08-31, not
  sure if it will work for you
http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0608&L=TEI-L&P=R6155&1=TEI-L&9=A&I=-3&K=1&X=06C0032D459F24A167&Y=wittern%40kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp&d=no+match%3Bmatch%3Bmatches&z=4]
There is also this message by Conal:
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2006/001667.html

3) Document review:

A) DRAFT: Backward Compatibility and the Maintenance of the Text Encoding Initiative Guidelines
David J Birnbaum
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2006/001597.html

B) TEXT + IMAGE encoding, draft document from Dot Porter and Conal
Tuohy: at http://www.rch.uky.edu/image_encoding.html

4) Open issues:

Conformance:
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Conformance
and discussion on TEI-L and Council-L
Question:  How to proceed

Feature requests on SF: please review before telecon!

5) Meetings

MM2006: (who is going?)
 editors report
 council report