[tei-council] two <date> proposals: 1 lumping, 1 splitting

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Sep 11 17:12:37 EDT 2006

> While far-fetched on minute, I could see it maybe on
> year/month/week/day/hour I suppose. (Though I don't think I'd use
> those that way, who knows.)

So is that some useful rumination, or does it mean you are you in
favor of combining att.datable and att.dated?

> That said, I say leave them in both cases. It gives users choice.
> They can then use from and to to indicate specific dates in ISO
> format without using the ISO Period/Duration notation. Maybe there
> is some reason that they might feel this is more appropriate to
> their use? (Ease of processing, data entry. legacy conversion, or
> something?)

So I gather you're in favor of creating the two datatypes, and
leaving the various range attrs (notBefore=, notAfter, from=, to=)
available, yes?