[tei-council] New discussion document on 1.0 release priorities

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 07:13:07 EDT 2006

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>>> I think that would be a healthy way to proceed,
>>> asking projects/people/sites to link to their
>>> TSC.
>> Oooh! another element for the Header!
> no,  the TSC is project-wide

And so is a lot of information included in the header!  <projectDesc> for one!

I'd vote for an <idno>-like element in publicationStmt indicating in a general
way the URI of some external schema the document claims to validate against.
And this could be used also for the ODD it validates against.

I did a proof of concept ODD for embedding a copy of one's ODD inside the header
(to make the TEI document really a standalone document, being able to generate
the schema to validate it from the document instance itself) but everyone
thought I was sick.  (And I don't deny that I am, and that that is.)