[tei-council] New discussion document on 1.0 release priorities

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 04:48:45 EDT 2006

James Cummings wrote:

> While that is a nice useful feature, I think the 'right' way to indicate an
> invalid schema is at time of generation.  User generates schema, schema is
> validated (somehow) and user is presented with a list of the errors.
there's a big issue there with issuing an error report
which is of any use. just giving them the output from
trang may make them very frustrated...
> Is there any way other than element dependency to have Roma make an invalid
> schema?  Lack of start element? What else?

the punter has control over all the content models.
if they fool with them, all bets are off.

lack of start element does not make a schema invalid, BTW

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk