[tei-council] TEI next release

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 18 16:22:14 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Then I think actually we may disagree. I see no reason that a new
> release should wait until there is sufficient difference that "people
> will see" the difference. I think we should be pushing out a new
> release pretty much every time we're pretty confident that
> a) something non-trivial has changed (i.e. an explanation, the value
>    of an attribute, etc.), and
> b) nothing is broken worse than the previous release

Sure, its not that much trouble to make a release. We just might
disagree on what "non-trivial" comprises. Adding some documentation
and making a new release of it seems a bit OTT.
> Note that these are shortcomings of what's coming out from Roma the
> web app. I can't tell what stylesheets it is using.
exactly the same one as the command line...
> When I use the
> command-line roma.sh I get *serious* problems in the content models

ah, this is all news to me. you'll have to give me a sample
.odd file to test, I am afraid.

> May be a bit, internet access spotty. (I can write mail locally and
> post more easily than play with web forms.)

maybe the TEI should pay for a decent net connection for you...

the points about the documentation output:

> | * HTML needs to be generic, placed under CSS control

sure. a gradual process. it gets better slowly.

> | * Classes that have no members should be supressed.

I think I did that

> | * There should be a table of contents with links to "Classes",
> |   "Elements", and "Macros", and also to <div>s up to a certain level
> |   of nesting.

design; not  a bug
> | * There should be a large, obvious divider between the "Classes",
> |   "Elements", and "Macros" sections.

design, ditto

> | * Perhaps there should be a table of contents with links to each and
> |   every class, element, and macro
design, ditto
> .
> |
> | * The global attributes should be listed in each element definition
> |   as a single class reference, rather than individually
On TODO list

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk