[tei-council] apologies

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 15 20:45:30 EDT 2006

Matthew Zimmerman <mz34 at nyu.edu> writes:

> I want to apologize for any roadblocks I erected to the Council's
> work by the extremely tardy notes and also some of the missing
> information (action item dates). It is a testament to the huge amount
> of work the Council does its meetings that taking notes of it is so
> difficult. I understand how important a record of the meeting is and
> how a roadmap is needed for the council to perform its work.

Fine.  I imagine you feel like the Japanese soccer team after their
match against Australia.  They *really* want to do better next time.

@JamesC: I don't really think that audio recording would be of much
help here.  The difficult thing about note taking is the digesting,
which would have to be done anyway and would take even more time post
factum.

In hindsight, I realize that it was probably asking too much of MattZ,
since keeping the record requires a quite thorough familiarity with
the issues involved (and therefore is also a way to get there -- the
hard way).

Anyway, let's get back to work:-)

Christian

--