[tei-council] TEI next release

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 10 05:10:06 EDT 2006

I believe that it is very desirable to make releases of TEI P5 at
regular intervals,
to show folks that we mean business and have some of plan. To that end,
I want to release a TEI 0.4 at the end of this month if at all possible.

Do others agree? If so, what preconditions would you impose? To my
mind, what we really need to get in is the changes to the class
system agreed in Kyoto, and the extra ones proposed and unopposed
just afterwards. Lou/Syd, is there any hold up on this?

Are there other things which people insist should be in place?
One thing I do guarentee to  have is the ability in Roma to choose
language of descriptions etc, to take advantage of the French
and Chinese translations.

If your reaction to my question is "TEI P5 is still alpha, it is ready
when it is ready, it is academic research which cannot be hurried",
then please say so.....

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk