[tei-council] my notes in creating data-like subset of model.phrase

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu May 25 08:32:59 EDT 2006

> Ugh.  Since eg|egXML certainly aren't 'graphicLike' semantically, is
> there a benefit of breaking this into two classes?  i.e.
>    model.graphicLike = binaryObject formula graphic
>    model.egLike = eg egXML
> Surely there must be somewhere we'd want to use eg|egXML where we
> wouldn't want to use graphics. (or am I misunderstanding?)

I think this class should be divided, and I think you may have a
reasonable division, here. Certainly model.egLike can be used in the
content of <exemplum> and model.headerPhrase, if no where else.

> I suppose this could be split upon whether it is describing
> something in the original or editorial introduction

That was my intent, although you've done a better job of it here than
my first cut, I think.

> model.pPart.edit.transcribe = add damage del restore space unclear
> model.pPart.edit.editorial = abbr corr expan orig reg sic supplied

However, .editorial needs to be further divided, I'd say, because it
data-like places.