[tei-council] my notes in creating data-like subset of model.phrase

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed May 24 23:32:55 EDT 2006

These are the notes I presented at the Council meeting but failed to
post Thu night (sorry, Christian) with only some tweaks to make it
more readable.

--------- what we have now ---------

model.phrase =

   model.graphicLike = binaryObject eg egXML formula graphic
   model.hiLike = distinct emph foreign gloss hi mentioned soCalled term title
   model.lPart = caesura rhyme
   model.oddPhr = att code gi ident specDesc specList tag val
   model.pPart.data = address
      model.dateLike = date dateRange dateStruct
      model.measureLike = measure num
      model.nameLike = geogName lang placeName rs
          model.nameLike.agent = name orgName persName
      model.timeLike = time timeRange timeStruct
   model.pPart.edit = abbr add app choice corr damage del expan orig
      reg restore sic space supplied unclear
   model.pPart.msdesc = catchwords dimensions handShift heraldry locus
      material origDate origPlace secFol signatures watermark
   model.ptrLike = ptr ref
   model.ptrLike.form = oRef oVar pRef pVar
   model.segLike = c cl m phr s seg w

--------- some possible changes ---------

   model.pPart.edit = abbr add app choice corr damage del expan orig
      reg restore sic space supplied unclear

becomes:

   model.tPart.edit =
      model.pPart.edit.??? = abbr choice expan
      model.pPart.edit.transcribe = add app corr damage del orig reg restore sic space supplied unclear

---------

   model.hiLike = distinct emph foreign gloss hi mentioned soCalled term title

becomes:

   model.hilighted =
      model.hiLike = hi
      model.emphLike = distinct emph foreign gloss mentioned soCalled term title

---------

   model.oddPhr = att code gi ident specDesc specList tag val

becomes:

   model.specDescLike = specDesc specList
   model.xmlPhrase = att code gi ident  tag val

arguably <code> and <ident> should be in model.emphLike instead.

---------
summary of possible changes:

model.headerPhrase =
   model.graphicLike [1]
   model.xmlPhrase
   model.pPart.data
   model.pPart.msdesc
   model.ptrLike
   model.emphLike
   model.pPart.???

I.e., model.headerPhrase does *not* have
   hi [2]
   model.lPart
   add app corr damage del orig reg restore sic space supplied unclear [3]
   model.ptrLike.form
   model.segLike

Notes
-----
[1] An argument could be made to divide model.graphicLike so that
    <binaryObject> and perhaps <formula> and <graphic> were not in
    model.headerPhrase.
[2] And perhaps not distinct, either?
[3] And perhaps not reg, either?