[tei-council] adding (non-)Struct elements to <date> & <time>
Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed May 24 04:38:24 EDT 2006
I've removed the <dateStruct> and <timeStruct> elements:
* changed prose of Names & Dates chapter (that's "ND" for those who
prefer to use a lookup-table :-)
* moved reference to model.datePart from names & dates (ND) to the
* changed content model of <time> and <date> to
( text | model.gLike | model.phrase | model.datePart | model.global )*
* changed <valDesc> of value= so that it refers to W3C rather than
* changed other wording in the remarks in the tagdoc
* added <time> to class att.editLike, as <date> is already a member
of that class
* changed all examples of <(date|time)Struct> to just <date|time>
(there were more than I expected :-)
While I was there, I also
* corrected the old references to ISO 8601 to be references to W3C
Schema part 2: datatypes.
* Should the zone= attribute of <timeStruct> be retained as a new
zone= attribute of <time>? My instinct is no, it should not, as
timezones are expressed as part of the normalized value on value=.
* Should the type= attribute of <dateStruct> and <timeStruct> be
retained? I'm inclined not to, but some people think everything
deserves a type=.
* We still need to sort out this precision/exactness stuff.
* We need to think through <dateRange> and <timeRange> with respect
to data.duration, ISO 8601 range formats, and notBefore= &
 This was one of those prose-spec mismatches that need to be
caught. This one is probably my fault.
More information about the tei-council