[tei-council] solving the Birnbaum Biznai

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 22 09:30:39 EDT 2006

Christian Wittern wrote:
>> (2) and (3) do not seem to be mutually exclusive.  For the moment, we
>> have to consider that this will throw out a significant part of the
>> work we have done in the class struggle, which we will have to redo
>> then, by revisiting the reports and tcw07.
This does not make very happy :-{

But I think I disagree. We can solve the current dependency
issue James noted by adding a new class, and then we are back
stable again; and both the dependency Method and the
Birnbaum Method can be used to make the TEI better, not
fix existing problems.

> If it buys us a more convincing class system, I think I am willing to
> drop the other mechanisms.  However, this is not purely a technically
> issue, so in due time we should present this issue to the board me
> thinks.

The Board will simply ask us what our technical recommendation
is!

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk