[tei-council] Fwd: biblStruct replaced by biblItem in P5?

John A. Walsh jawalsh at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 26 08:21:21 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I know the biblStruct/biblItem has been floating around for a while,
and I can't recall the status, but I'd like to suggest this issue as
a useful agenda item for our Kyoto meeting, if we think, based on
prior discussions, we could resolve it in fairly short order.

My position is that biblStruct is adequate for TEI and if folks want
to build fuller bibliographic data sets in XML there are other
standards, e.g., MODS, that are well-suited to that task.

John
--
| John A. Walsh
| Associate Director for Projects and Services, Digital Library Program
| Associate Librarian, University Libraries
| Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of English
| Indiana University, 1320 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405
| Voice:812-855-8758 Fax:812-856-2062 <mailto:jawalsh at indiana.edu>

Begin forwarded message: