[tei-council] Unable to continue as TEI-Council member...

Alejandro Bia abia at umh.es
Tue Apr 25 08:01:41 EDT 2006

Dear TEI Council members,

Today I will not be able to attend the conference call, but this is not the
only issue I have to communicate.

Since late 2004 many things changed in my life, most for good: new job, new
born child, and much more... Unfortunately, now I can't find the time to
contribute to volunteer activities like the TEI Council. Many times before
I thought of quitting, and many times I thought I could find the time in a
near future. At this point I must realize I won't. My TEI Council
membership ends this year anyway, but I must admit right now (before
expending 3000 euros of subscribers money on a trip to Kyoto) that I'm not
able to make any useful contribution at present. So, much to my regret, I
have to communicate that I'm leaving the Council.

I want to say that it was a real pleasure to get to meet each of you, and
share experiences here and there. Nice work is being carried out within the
TEI. Keep going!

But don't think I won't keep working with/for the TEI. In fact, one of the
projects I don't want to abandon is multilingual markup (a.k.a.
internationalization). Currently I have a team working on building some web
resources for such purpose. Let's see what comes out of it.

Best regards,

Alex.-

ALEJANDRO BIA
e-mail: abia at umh.es

   Departamento de Estadística, Matemática e Informática
   Centro de Investigación Operativa
   Universidad Miguel Hernández
   Edificio Torretamarit
   Avenida de la Universidad s/n, E-03202, Elche, ESPAÑA
   http://www.umh.es/
   Tel: +34 966658542
   Fax: +34 966658715
   Teléfono móvil: +34 610806427