[tei-council] More on TEI Lite: work in progress

Sebastian Rahtz Sebastian.Rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 16:37:38 EST 2006

James Cummings wrote:

> In teaching today Lou and Sebastian did mention that we were using a
> subset of TEI called TEI-Lite, but proceeded also to describe the TEI
> modules, class system, etc. before having students use Roma to customise
> the TEI themselves.

and I don't think anyone had much of an issue with doing this
(http://www.tei-c.org/Talks/2006/OUCS/exercise-roma.pdf). Interestingly,
the question was "why do we bother? why not just use tei-all?", to
which I had no real answer. Arguments in favour of a subset come down
to making editing work faster, and making sure you stick to your own
rules. If neither of those bothers you, you might as well have the
whole shebang.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk