[tei-council] changing <change> for P5

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 20:02:14 EST 2006

Syd Bauman wrote:
> [Sorry -- hit "send" too soon.]
>
> I've just posted an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet to the TEI wiki that provides
> a template for transforming a P4-style <change> element into a
> P5-style <change> element. No guarantees, of course, but it worked
> fine for the little project I was working on.
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/Change2change.xslt

Just a note that for the time being we should always give the .org.uk
form of the above.  When one uses the *.org/wiki/ the apache
passthrough proxy makes it look like your IP address is that of the
Virginia Server 128.143.22.122 (jefferson.village.virginia.edu).  Th
problem with this is that it is impossible to ban spammers using this
IP address without banning everyone else who might come via
*.org/wiki.  This is why the link on the www.tei-c.org navbar has been
changed to the UK version.  Unless viriginia takes over the hosting of
the mediawiki wiki, then we should always give the org.uk form for now
when referring to the wiki.

> [Primarily for James --]
> I've been thinking that the stylesheets should be divvied up more
> logically than XSLT 1 vs 2 and by first letter of the name. Perhaps
> categorized by expected input as the primary division?

Yeah, the way it has been categorized has always bothered me a bit.
I'm less bothered about whether a script is XSLT1 or XSLT2.  I'm also
wary of over categorisation.  I think I'd prefer just very descriptive
names, all categorised alphabetically together, and then more
description on the page about expected input/output/etc.  If we get
over 50 stylesheets (there are currently 15) then maybe some more
categorisation would be necessary.

-James