[tei-council] chapter ST

Sebastian Rahtz Sebastian.Rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 16:13:58 EST 2006

I looked at this today, and found it refreshing. Nice and truthful, and
helpful.

My main concern was the enormous range it covers, ranging from

  - the TEI has modules
  - these are our datatypes
  - here are some examples of using xml:lang

I know the Guidelines are a reference book, not a novel, but
this is hard to read.

I'd like to see two chapters

  a) this is how the TEI works, as a set of modules; this is how you use
these modules in anger

  b) global facilities: attributes, datatypes, classes

I think the Guidelines can only benefit from shorter more focussed chapters.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk