[tei-council] date, venue for next meeting

Susan Schreibman sschreib at umd.edu
Tue Dec 20 08:08:37 EST 2005

Hotels near the university of Maryland range from $150 for the nicest
hotel on campus, to around $80.00, for a Best Western type hotel.

It would cost me:

$1250 to get to Tokyo
$800.00 to get to Paris
$700 to get to Oxford

one caveat with Maryland, is that we'd need to sort out transportation
to dinner. I could rent a van from the campus pool, but it would not be
large enough for everybody, so we might need to rent a car in addition
unless somebody was driving in. That might cost an additional $300.00
(based on a rental for four days)

Another option would be have Council members stay in a hotel in DC, and
take the metro out to U of Maryland for the meeting (c 50 minutes). In
that case, hotels would cost on average $170 a night, with minimal
transport costs.

susan

susan

--