[tei-council] W3C Xpointer schema registry

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Nov 19 14:41:33 EST 2005

Syd Bauman wrote:

>>Now it is essential that we move along quickly to get our schemes
>>registered. I think Syd would be the right person to ask to submit
>>our proposal. You will need a public access account of the W3C for
>>this, for which you apply at [1].
>

> OK. I'll plan to work on this very soon; hopefully will start
> tonight, finish tomorrow.

Hold on there a minute. I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but I really
don't think this is more urgent than completing the class work. That may
be because I don't know exactly what it is that you are expecting Syd to
do , of course, but my belief remains that the highest priority at the
moment is for the editors to complete the work initiated in Oxford, and
not to be distracted by other considerations.

I am also a bit worried that we should be sending off proposals to the
W3C, of any kind, which have not actually been seen by the COuncil as
yet. Or were these "schemes" seen so long ago that I have forgotten them
already?