[tei-council] W3C Xpointer schema registry

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 18 18:57:40 EST 2005

Dear council members,

As instructed during the last call, I wrote a message to Henry
Thompson of the W3C, to express the TEI's interest in getting the
registry up and running.  It took me a while to write the latter, but
within hours from me writing it, the XPointer scheme registry got
announced on the W3C web page[1].  I never thought that TEI lobbying
could be *that* effective:-)

Now it is essential that we move along quickly to get our schemes
registered.  I think Syd would be the right person to ask to submit
our proposal.  You will need a public access account of the W3C for
this, for which you apply at [1].

Does this seem the right course of action?

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/
[2] http://cgi.w3.org/MemberAccess/Public

--