[tei-council] @TEIform

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 09:58:49 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> James and I suggested to each other today that Roma should spit
> out an XSLT script for a given ODD which performed the canonicalisation
> for instances against that ODD. How would that suit?

As you know, I would like that very much.

> This would require some decisions on what "canonicalisation" means.
> Redoing the names of things is fine, but what does the script do
>
> - when an element is added (make it into a <seg type=$name>?)

Or should this depend on its model class, if it uses an existing one?

> - when an attribute is added  (???? squash it into @rend?)

While I don't like that (especially not using @rend...) if I have
several attributes that I'd added. Let's say I add @favouriteColour
@eyeColour and @hairColour to <person> for some strange reason.  Does
that mean that we get:
<person rend="favouriteColour:009900; eyeColour:Brown; hairColour:Brown;">
Surely @rend is the wrong thing to use.
Let's see... an attribute for storing this kind of information...we could
call it @TEIForm. ;-)  *duck*

> - when a datatype is changed (do nothing?)

Frightening.

-James