[tei-council] datatypes again: make data.key a URI

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 13:55:07 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>Isn't it at all likely that I'll want to apply both rather than have
>>to choose between them?
>
> what you're doing here is a grotesque abuse of xml:id! in your example
> "someDocumentIDScheme" identifies this <rs>, not the "foo" thing.

Ok... I must be being dense, I was assuming it was identifying the
<rs> element, not the 'foo'.... can't I have a database key attached
to something where I also want to have an ID of some sort on the
element?  Aren't these two completely different things?

> the lamb and spinach patties with "potatoes on skin" were good for me,
> if you have not ordered yet

Already eaten.  Yesterday MattZ got a lovely StPatrick's Day style hat
because we had two Murphys.

-James