[tei-council] TEI Council report to MM 2005

Natasha Smith nsmith at email.unc.edu
Fri Oct 21 09:16:16 EDT 2005

Christian:

It does look great. Your metaphor's so poetic and mentioning of Tubingen
brought wonderful memories - thank you!

I have rather nitpicking suggestions:

1.	"While in the past development took place mainly in workgroups
charged by the Council, this year the Council took on more and more tasks
by itself and did not charge any new workgroups this year." A bit
awkwardly stated and please delete one of two "this year"s mentioned in
the sentence.
2.	"one face to face meeting" - I think it should be  "face-to-face."
I leave it to native speakers...
3.	dubbed the "class meeting" - either needs a second comma after the
closing quotation or needs mdashes on both sides
4.	'the Council focussed" - should be "focused"; similarily - should
be similarly; fomat - change to format; metioned to mentioned; Liasion -
Liaison;  jon - join;

As to the mapping, "an attempt to map metadata standards to the elements
in the TEIHeader" is still in the phase of "attempt". I hope that we can
finally move ahead with it once all of us(I mean catalogers and us) at the
same in the same place. John?

best, ns