[tei-council] dateable elements

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 16 07:47:20 EDT 2005

The classes "att.datePart" (in the namesdates module) and dateable
and the (misname) "model.pPart.datable" (in the MS module) have two
much in common.

The pPart.datable class offers

   <attDef ident="notBefore" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="notAfter" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="certainty" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="dateAttrib" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="evidence" usage="opt">

whole the datePart class offers

   <attDef ident="value" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="type" usage="opt">
    <attDef ident="full" usage="opt">

It looks to me as if we need a class in the core which has  all the
attributes
of the 2 classes.

Does anyone disagree?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk