[tei-council] for Council to consider: new datatype

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 19:12:10 EDT 2005

Fine by me, but
(a) why restrict it to web measurements? there might well be other
attributes for which we'd want to specify number+units  in a single value.
(b) some of these units look a bit exotic to me : isn't a "rem" a unit
of exposure to radiation? couldnt find it in css3 anyway

how about data.measure?

"dimension" suggests the axis along which the measurement is made to me,
not the actual measurement.