[tei-council] gaiji in PCDATA, or <g> in text

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Oct 9 19:00:47 EDT 2005

Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu> writes:

> <localName>        allow <g>

As I said elsewhere, this is "text only" in my book.  Since it is a
modern, locally defined name made up by the project, there is no
reason to insist on using <g>, which would only complicate matters in
this "meta" situation.

> <eg>               text only
> <egXML>            text only

Why would these be text only?  I would "allow <g>" here

> <depth>            allow <g>
> <height>           allow <g>
> <width>            allow <g>

Hard to see why you would need a <g> here, but surely not impossible:-)

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern