The Naming of Classes [was Re: [tei-council] Council class meeting notes]

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Oct 8 07:48:11 EDT 2005

> I think introducing a hyphen into the world of TEI naming
> meta-characters really would be inconsistent., and "Sibling" is
> both too long and (I think) misleading -- see my reply to Christian
> yesterday.

I was figuring we'd introduce these hyphens in a consistent way. But
your reply to Christian yesterday convinced me that "Sibling" is even
less desirable than "Like" (or "-like").

> Please make a suggestion for untwisting it.

<item>If the class members are all children of the element after
which the class is named, then the first suffix should be
<code>Part</code>; if the class members are all siblings of the
element after which the class is named, then the first suffix should