[tei-council] winkling out the incls

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Oct 1 15:12:50 EDT 2005

> We decided to winkle all reference to tei.incl out of the header
> elements, and (I think) also out of tei.bibl class elements. so
> that means it shouldn't appear inside <respStmt> right?

Yes. Although <respStmt> occurs outside of <teiHeader> (and thus
would make you think it needs tei.incl), it only occurs in other
things that are structured: <biblStruct> and <msItemStruct>.

So the end content model for <respStmt> should read

  ( ( tei.agent, resp ) | ( resp, tei.agent ) ), ( tei.agent | resp )*

which I agree just sucks, but if we want to continue to support DTDs
we can't use the far superior

  (
    ( tei.agent, resp+ ) | ( tei.agent+, resp ) |
    ( resp, tei.agent+ ) | ( resp+, tei.agent )
  )

as it would be non-deterministic.