[tei-council] datatype issues (part 1)

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu
Tue Sep 20 14:15:23 EDT 2005

It certainly seems to me that the TEI community is likely to need a
representation of time that doesn't require misleading levels of
precision. If I'm transcribing a journal whose entries include the
time of day, I don't want to be forced to represent those times as
accurate to the second. Am I right in guessing that this is an
"extra"?

The option of an extended tei.data.temporal might be a good way to do this.