[tei-council] naming languages

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:16:53 EDT 2005

> oh look, this fun
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-registry-12.txt

This, I believe, is a draft of the (much anticipated?) successor to
RFC 3066. xml:lang= is already defined as "3066 or its successor",
but IIRC there are sections of CH that will need to be updated when
this becomes a real RFC.

Alejandro mentioned in Paris that 2-letter initial subcodes are
preferred to 3-letter. I don't know if CH has been updated to reflect
that yet. However, I just quickly checked this new draft, and it
seems that when a 2-letter code is availalbe, it *must* be used, as
the 3-letter version will not be in the IANA registry.