[tei-council] Datatypes, part 2

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 17:40:33 EDT 2005

I have now updated the draft ODDs defining datatypes and regenerated the
HTML draft describing them. This draft, which will eventually appear as
a subsection of the new ST, still has a lot of holes (in particular
there are no examples) but it is intended to be a fairly quick and
complete overview of the new datatype system to which we hope to move
shortly.  I've made several changes on the basis of comments made so far
on this list: please respond quickly if you think it is still seriously
wrong, as the next step will be to start allocating existing attributes
to the new datatypes, a lengthy and pernickety task which we don't want
to do more than once! While waiting for your comments, I will be
drafting a little test file to check that validators do actually
validate these datatypes in the way the books say they should...

Lou