[tei-council] Draft agenda for Council teleconference on 2005-09-09 / 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 8 21:17:59 EDT 2005

James Cummings <James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Christian Wittern wrote:
>> 	 To speed up the review of action items, *please report to the
>> 	 council list* before the call as far as possible!
>
> One of the action items for me to do was a HOWTO for the Stylesheets
> CVS module. This has changed into a larger document detailing all the
> CVS modules and is available at:
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcw06.xml

Thanks.  I just read through the document, where presumably now
changes requested by Syd are integrated.  I had hoped that it would
describe not just what is there, but also gives the reader advise on
how to arrive at a usable local installation (which seems to be the
purpose of using CVS to me).  This probably means that you would first
have to install the Stylesheets, then P5 and then Roma (?).  I think
it would be nice if you could add a section that walks the reader
through a sample session that installs a usable local P5
environment. (Of course it would be even nicer if this would not be
necessary and you could just say "make install" and the whole shebang
would end up where it wants to be.

> Today Syd has suggested some changes which I should have finished by
> the time of the conference call.  However, more suggestions and
> corrections are desired.  It should give you enough information to
> have you be able to use TEI's CVS.  If it doesn't, tell me where.
> (Though we don't want to just duplicate information available on the
> sourceforge site or elsewhere on the TEI site.)

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern