[tei-council] from OASIS

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 29 21:42:35 EDT 2005

Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> I think the appropriate person to respond to this enquiry would be
> Christian, as head of the Council. I am very happy to answer any
> queries they may have about interoperating with TEI. Since they are
> looking at legal materials, it's possible that Nick Finke might also
> be a good person to involve.

Their documents provides an interesting case study of how the TEI is
perceived from the outside and is as such quite interesting.  At this
moment, I lack the time for working on a detailed reply.  I would
suggest that we (Lou?) contact Nick Finke and see if he is willing to
draft a reply, which we then could discuss and use as a base to send
out as "The Councils Reply", which I am willing to prepair.

> I don't think "reading and evaluating" their documents should be given
> a higher priority than editorial work on P5 which continues to be
> distressingly late.

Hear, hear.  We are making good process however and will hopefully
continue during the crucial period of the next month.

All the best,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern