[tei-council] meeting technologies

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Jul 18 15:26:11 EDT 2005

SR> why is it [video conferencing] a pain?

Let's start with purchasing hardware and installing software. Now I
have to admit, I haven't priced any of those little webcam cameras
for well over a year, but they were kindof expensive then, and even
now they certainly aren't free. And personally, I'm not sure what
advantage there would be for us.

SR> But still worth experimenting with having an IRC channel ready on
SR> the side.

IRC, ICQ/AIM, Gadu-Gadu, Groupwise, Jabber, Yahoo ... whatever. Yes,
I think trying this is a very good idea.