[tei-council] the release conundrum

Susan Schreibman sschreib at umd.edu
Mon Jul 18 05:25:30 EDT 2005

I agree with so much of what has been said. I think the TEI membership
would appreciate knowing how things are progressing on P5, and whether
the types of changes/improvements/ in the last release is worth a
particular project downloading a new version.

 From a user's perspective, I expect that they would appreciate releases
less frequently, as been mentioned, every 3-6 months so that they don't
feel that as soon as they download a new version, another is available.
Even if nothing much has been changed in a three or four month period, I
expect the membership would appreciate some sort of update report as to
what the Council is working on.

I agree totally a new release before the members' meeting would be great.

susan

--
Susan Schreibman, PhD
Assistant Dean