[tei-council] the release conundrum

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jul 17 21:19:18 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

>  5) the editors do not need permission from the Council to make minimo
> releases (ie 0.1.13), but
>      the council will discuss making a minor release (0.2.0), and the
> council and board will both
>      discuss making a major release (1.0.0)
>
> I would propose now that we plan to make the 0.2.0 release after the
> class and attribute changes have been
> implemented.
>
> How does that sound?

This does all make good sense to me.  We should aim at a fresh,
working release for before the Members Meeting, I think (that is,
around Oct 15?), which will hopefully be 0.2.0 according to the plan
above.

What would be nice to have, as I said before, is a P5 roadmap that
gives milestones and dates.

All the best,

Christian

(once again working out of my <soCalled>mobile office</soCalled> at
Kansai Airport, waiting for a Taifun-delayed flight... )

--

 Christian Wittern