[tei-council] Ne release of P5

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 19:49:46 EDT 2005

Actually, the note Sebastian posted was written (and signed) by me, so
it isn't really fair to blame him for its content.

I took the view that, since we do have a new element biblItem in this
release, it is as well admit to its existence. I don't see that it's a
PR disaster -- it's the truth of the current situation that we have some
unsatisfactory work which needs further examination -- quite a lot of it
in fact, not just this element.

What harm will there be in later saying "biblItem" removed -- if that's
what we decide to do?

I dont think there's any need to call attention to the fragility of this
particular element (I'm sure there are plenty of others equally fragile)
but would be curious to know if other council members feel we should do so.

Lou