[tei-council] directory layout again

John A. Walsh jawalsh at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 7 10:18:30 EDT 2005

> Syd Bauman wrote:
>

>> While I understand the sentiment, I think it is premature to call
>> that which will be released as P5 "current".
>>

> We've released version 0.1.  What more could we do?

Typically when something is 0.1, it's not recommended for production
use, but offered for more daring early implementers.  I think it's
fair to say that P4 remains the current production version of TEI and
that P5 is the current development version of TEI.  So Syd's point is
a good one.  While P5 remains some distance from a 1.0 release, we
should not recommend P5 as the current production version to the
community at large.  I wish we were closer to 1.0, and I share in the
responsibility for us not being there yet, but we're still a ways off.