[tei-council] directory layout again

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 19:09:57 EDT 2005

Lou Burnard wrote:
> I think the idea is that when P6 comes along, P5 becomes the
> "teiclassic" -- in other words, that the names are kind of symlinks.
>
> Another option would be to rename P5 as "teirenaissance" I suppose...

I was envisioning that teiclassic (or tei-p4 or whatever) would always
only just contain TEI P4 (and previous P-versions?) and the from TEI
P5 onwards the tei package would just stay and get new numerical
version numbers. So tei 1.5 (or whatever) becomes tei 1.6, 1.6.1, etc.
  Installing earlier versions of the tei package is easy (as long as
they remain available).  So P6 never arrives, but the guidelines
continue to develop.  If in 5 years you want to install the P5 version
you just install an earlier version of the same package.

Or are we tied permanently to fixed P-Versions?

Just curious,
-James