[tei-council] directory layout of a TEI distribution

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 5 18:44:46 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> I have revised my proposal, with the results appended
>
> I have not changed the XSL layout, as it has a fair few ramifications
> for me to clean up.

Now that I have given up my reservations against the following
proposal -- and I have not seen any other objections so far -- I
wonder if we can agree on this structure?  I would like to see it used
in
 * an archive downloadable from SF
 * a live location on the TEI websites and/or on the SF HTML area
 * included in XML editors like oXygen
 * etc., etc.
Please think through this and voice any concerns now!

One issue that came to my mind is how to root it on Windows. C;/share/
looks a bit silly, so maybe we want c;/TEI/ for the root of the tree.
This does not matter for oXygen of course, but might be of concern to
generic installations.

> share
> |-- doc
> |   `-- tei
> |       |-- html
> |       |   |-- base
> |       |   |   |-- p4
> |       |   |   |   `-- Figures
> |       |   |   `-- p5
> |       |   `-- exemplars
> |       |       `-- p5
> |       |-- web
> |       |   `-- Query
> |       `-- xml
> |           `-- exemplars
> |               `-- p5
> `-- xml
>     `-- tei
>         |-- odd
>         |   `-- exemplars
>         |       |-- p4
>         |       `-- p5
>         |-- schema
>         |   |-- dtd
>         |   |   |-- p4
>         |   |   `-- p5
>         |   |-- relaxng
>         |   |   |-- p4
>         |   |   `-- p5
>         |   `-- xsd
>         |       `-- p5
>         `-- stylesheet
>             |-- base
>             |   |-- p4
>             |   |   |-- common
>             |   |   |-- fo
>             |   |   |-- html
>             |   |   `-- latex
>             |   `-- p5
>             |       |-- common
>             |       |-- fo
>             |       |-- html
>             |       `-- latex
>             |-- odds
>             |-- slides
>             `-- teic
>
> 44 directories
>

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> OSS Watch: JISC Open Source Advisory Service
> http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

 Christian Wittern