[tei-council] exemplars

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jun 26 16:39:00 EDT 2005

Further to the "skeletons" thread, I have created 10 exemplars of TEI P5
use; currently available as a Debian package (tei-p5-exemplars)
and in CVS as P5/Exemplars. They comprise an ODD specification, and a
skeleton XML file;
the ODD is expanded to DTD/XSD/RNG/RNC in the Debian package, of
course.  These files are called
up Emacs, for examples, when you ask to create a "TEI for Drama" file;
it would be easy to imagine them
in oXygen doing the same thing.

I make no great claims for the excellence of these creatures, and will
not be at all offended
if people say "throw them all away and use these ones instead". but I do
think the idea is
important, and I'd be keen to get someone else working on them.

(blame Lou for the name, by the way)

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk