[tei-council] preparing for next council call

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 22 22:23:10 EDT 2005

Dear Council members,

In the midst of the rainy season, Kyoto is dump, hot and almost
unbearable, especially after the paradise-like athmosphere of British
Columbia.

If my memory serves me right (unlikely as that might seem under these
conditions), we agreed to hold the next conference on July 8, 1300
UTC, although the minutes of our Paris meeting at
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Council/tcm17.xml?style=printable are silent
about that.

In preparation for this, I would like to ask everybody to look at the
minutes, especially at the action items and, in the spirit of item 10
on that list, please report on the progress here to this list *prior*
to the call.

In addition to that, "Input for TEI P5: a summary" at
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Drafts/edw83.xml does mention a few additional
assigments of chapters, but we have failed to track the progress.  I
dont see mentioned the assignment of "11 Transcriptions of Speech" to
Thomas Schmidt, Hamburg -- this is based on information by Andreas
Witt -- does it have any substance?

All the best,

Christian

--