[tei-council] tei skeletons

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jun 18 20:03:28 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> James Cummings wrote:
>

>>Since it involves a change of root element, a teiCorpus one might be a
>>good example.  It could be a longer one also including a blank
>><person> element in the header, maybe example langUsage and category,
>>and then more than one TEI element with some basic linguistic tagging
>>in it?  Sort of a start your own linguistic corpus skeleton?
>

> this is out of my territory. can you supply?

I am happy to do so, though (as lou comments privately) on reflection
most people editing Corpora probably don't do so as a teiCorpus
document to begin with, and so maybe a skeleton is a bit silly.  But,
I might argue, it would act as a reminder that one could do so.  If it
was just very basic and didn't include langUsage, category etc.  but
just the basic structural divisions, then it is just a reiteration of
the basic template so I'm not sure if it is very helpful.

But I'm supposed to be listening to Ian Lancashire, so just append the
basic structural version here.  If others think doing one with
examples of basic corpus elements would be useful, then I'm happy to
do so.  (Though really just more example texts seem better)

-James

-----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<teiCorpus xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0">