[tei-council] Excuse from Council duties for Edward Vanhoutte

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jun 10 04:14:57 EDT 2005

Dear Council members,

Edward has asked to be excused from his duties to the TEI Council
until the end of the year -- he said he needs the time to write up his
PhD thesis.  Fortunately, though, part of his thesis will focus on
issues relevant to chap. 18 and 19:

He writes:

> A critical evaluation of the TEI options for scholarly editing (ch. 18
> & 19) is planned for the third and last section of my thesis, which
> should be written in October-November.

So we will count on this as a contribution to P5 (and review of PH and
TC)!

As for his other responsibilities:

> So, if it's possible, I'd like to be ecxused from any formal
> responsibilities I've taken on. This is the study of the certainty
> issue in the TEI encoding and the review of chapters PH, TC, PR.

If I am not mistaken, we need thus mainly help with the review of the
one-page-chapter 8, PR.

Best wishes to Edward for a successful writing session!

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern