[tei-council] Possible error in Source/TD/td.odd ?

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 07:26:52 EDT 2005

Dear TEI council,
Maybe one of you can explain why I can't now get the cvs copy of P5 to
make schemas?

Having done a 'cvs update' in my ~/documents/tei/cvs/P5/ directory,
I then try 'make schemas'

I get:
---------------
warning: failed to load external entity "Source/TD/attref.odd"
Source/TD/td.odd:994: error: Failure to process entity attref.odd
&attref.odd;
             ^
Source/TD/td.odd:994: parser error : Entity 'attref.odd' not defined
&attref.odd;
             ^
Source/TD/td.odd:1207: parser error : chunk is not well balanced
^
Source-driver.xml:186: error: Failure to process entity td.odd
         &td.odd;
                 ^
Source-driver.xml:186: parser error : Entity 'td.odd' not defined
         &td.odd;
                 ^
-:1: parser error : Document is empty
^
-:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
^
unable to parse -
make: *** [schemas] Error 6

If I look at Source/TD/td.odd line 994, there is indeed an
entity &attref.odd; and equally no attref.odd in the Source/TD directory.

Since this worked just a couple days ago I guess something must have
changed?

-James